Liposuction: Fast Removal of Stubborn Fat
Liposuction, otherwise known as lipoplasty, reduces prominent fat bulges and improves the shape or contour of your body. If you’ve struggled with love handles, saddle bags or other trouble spots that won’t budge no matter how much you exercise and diet, liposuction is a proven technique to conquer that frustration.
This fat-busting procedure is done on an outpatient basis:
- General anesthesia is usually used for safety and comfort
- Small suction tubes (cannulas) are inserted through very short incisions placed in inconspicuous locations near the fat deposits, and excess fat is removed
- If very large volumes of fat are to be removed, an overnight stay at the outpatient surgery center or hospital is recommended
What to Expect After Your Lipoplasty Surgery
- After your lipoplasty surgery, you will go home with a compression garment (or tape) covering the treated areas.
- Compression is advised for about a month because it reduces swelling and helps you achieve the final result more quickly.
- Once pain and soreness decrease, it is frequently more comfortable to wear Lycra® or Spandex® exercise pants.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. You must stay hydrated immediately after surgery.
- Bruising and swelling usually subsides in two to four weeks.
- The final result takes shape over two to three months.
Questions? Get Fast Answers from a Patient Coordinator!