Chin Implant: Add Proportion to Your Face
Chin implants are usually carried out to correct a small or receding chin or to satisfy a desire for increased chin prominence. A weak chin can make your nose look disproportionately large and give your neck a flabby, swollen appearance.
As a premier Orlando chin implant plastic surgeon, Dr. Rotatori has decades of experience restoring balance to your face by correcting this cosmetic issue.
What to Expect During Chin Implant Surgery
The chin implant procedure is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia:
- An incision is made inside the lower lip or under the chin, and an implant is placed inside
- In an alternative method called sliding osteotomy, a portion of the chin bone is permanently moved forward
- After surgery, you will go home with a small pressure dressing over the chin
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication
- Swelling, tenderness and possible local numbness gradually subside within a month or two
Questions? Get Fast Answers from a Patient Coordinator!