Neck Lift: Restore Your Tight, Youthful Jawline
A neck lift consists of the removal of localized deposits of fat in the anterior part of the neck and under the chin, and the repair of muscle laxity under the chin.
This is done with the removal of sagging skin folds in the front part of the neck and jawline to achieve:
- A more defined chin
- Less sagging skin
- Reduction in neck fat
Gravity and age all take a toll on the skin around the neck. Discover how Dr. Rotatori can take years off your appearance with this safe, popular procedure.
What to Expect During Neck Lift Surgery
We perform this procedure either in our office using local anesthesia and oral medications, or on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia:
- The procedure requires an incision under the chin and generally one around the base of the ears
- Fat is suctioned or directly excised, muscles are tightened, and a small amount of skin may be removed
- As a very personalized treatment, your exact treatment depends on individual findings
- After surgery, you will go home with your chin and neck wrapped in dressings or in an elastic neck sling
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication
- Swelling and bruising disappear over approximately two weeks
- The final result is evident in one to three months
Questions? Get Fast Answers from a Patient Coordinator!